Akacia Healthcare Website Terms and Conditions
1. Website purpose: The contents of the Akacia Healthcare website are for general information and illustrative purposes only, and are not intended to serve as financial, investment, medical or other advice.
2. Accuracy of information: Akacia Healthcare has taken all reasonable steps to ensure that the information on this website is accurate, complete and current. Akacia Healthcare does not however warrant the correctness, completeness or currency of the content on this website.
3. Viruses: Akacia Healthcare has taken all reasonable steps to guard against viruses or destructive code. Akacia Healthcare does not however warrant that the site is free of viruses or any other data or code that has the ability to corrupt or affect the user’s system.
4. Links: Akacia Healthcare may in good faith provide links that might be useful to users of the Akacia Healthcare site. Akacia Healthcare does not however make any representation regarding these websites and does not endorse or accept responsibility for the products and/or services and/or content and information offered on those sites. No party may establish a link, electronically or otherwise, to this website or any of its pages without the prior written consent of Akacia Healthcare.
5. Intellectual property rights: Unless otherwise noted, all intellectual property rights, including but not limited to copyright, in the content of this website (including images, text and computer code) vest in Akacia Healthcare. Users are prohibited from using the content contained in this web site, whether text or image, without the express written permission of Akacia Healthcare.
6. Electronic Communications and Transactions Act: Akacia Healthcare subscribes to the principles contained in section 51 of the Electronic Communications and Transactions Act, in regard to users of this website who supply personal information to Akacia Healthcare.
7.1. The personal information of a Akacia Healthcare customer will not be collected, collated, processed, stored or disclosed by Akacia Healthcare without the express written consent of the user, unless Akacia Healthcare is legally required to do so.
7.2. The personal information of a Akacia Healthcare customer will only be electronically requested, collected, collated, processed or stored by Akacia Healthcare if it is lawful to do so.
7.3. If Akacia Healthcare requires the personal information of a customer, Akacia Healthcare will disclose to the customer in writing the specific purpose for which it is needed.
7.4. Akacia Healthcare will keep a record of the personal information of its customers and the purpose for which it was used.
7.5. Akacia Healthcare will take all reasonable steps to ensure that the personal information of a customer is kept confidential and secure by storing it on a secure database.
7.6. Akacia Healthcare will endeavour to take all reasonable and necessary precautions to secure access to transactions between Akacia Healthcare and its customers, but it cannot guarantee the confidentiality of such transactions.
7.7. Akacia Healthcare will not be held liable for any personal information that is disclosed by a user of its website to a third party whose link may be found on this website.
7.8. The Akacia Healthcare website may make use of cookie and tracking technology, whereby information that is sent whilst on this site is saved on the user’s hard drive in order to identify the user when he subsequently accesses the Akacia Healthcare website.
7.9. Akacia Healthcare may use customers’ personal information for internal marketing purposes within Akacia Healthcare.
7.10. Akacia Healthcare may send its customers promotional material. A customer is always entitled to instruct Akacia Healthcare to refrain from doing so.
8. Limitation of liability: Akacia Healthcare is not liable for any damages whatsoever relating to use of this website in any manner, whether in contract, statute or delict. This includes, but is not limited to, any economic or consequential loss. Use of this website is accordingly entirely at the user’s own risk.
9. Amendment: All information available on this website, including information on products and services, and their terms and conditions, is subject to change without notice. These website use terms may be amended from time to time without notice. Use of this website binds the user to the Akacia Healthcare website use terms that are then of effect.
10. Governing law and jurisdiction: This website and its use is governed by the laws of the Republic of South African. Any dispute arising out of this website or the use thereof is subject to the jurisdiction of the courts of South Africa.